REPORTS TO: Senior Project Manager or Vice President
SUMMARY: The Project Manager is responsible for overseeing construction activities on assigned projects by planning, organizing, and implementing site specific safety programs, project control systems, subcontractor and supplier management, purchasing and scheduling efforts. The Project Manager is the one ultimately responsible for ensuring that the project is completed in a timely manner in strict accordance with plans, specifications, local codes, budget, and schedule constraints. The Project Manager coordinates and oversees the work of the project team. The Project Manager must be able to work independently but also succeed as part of a project team. One of the responsibilities of the Project Manager includes being the key representative for the Company for all assigned projects. This position requires a strong understanding of construction methods, excellent documentation skills and good interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all members of the project (both internal & external). The project Manager must be a flexible and adaptable team-player.
KEY INTERFACES: Field Engineer, Project Engineer, Superintendent, Estimator, Executive Management, Subs/Suppliers, Owner/Client/Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates and helps to enforce the Company's Health & Safety Program
- Demonstrates his/her own commitment to an injury-free workplace through own actions
- Maximizes use of all company resources, including craft, staff, and equipment
- Assists in hiring, training, and development of staff personnel
- Provides project staff with opportunity, experience, guidance, training, and regular evaluation for career development
- Requires individual accountability for staff operational performance
- Is proactive in striving for continuous improvement in all operations and administrative processes, and ensures that quality standards and goals are met
- Develops and maintains open communications with Project Administrators, Project Engineers, Superintendents, Safety Personnel and other internal team members
- Oversees the preparation of work plans and scheduling to determine manpower levels, material quantities, and equipment requirements
- Advises senior level management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; leads the efforts to resolve such problems when encountered
- Develops and maintains good business relations with the project Owner/Client/Engineer, customers, vendors, subcontractors, and/or other associates of the project
- Establishes project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards in accordance with Company policies, goals, and principles
- Manages all financial aspects of the project including prompt, accurate and timely pay estimates, accounts receivable, positive cash flow, and minimized retention
- Ensures accurate cost and revenue reporting and forecasting procedures are practiced in accordance with company policy. Prepares accurate monthly cost and revenue projections
- Maintains control of the project schedule. Ensures that milestones are met and that critical items of work are accomplished on time or ahead of schedule
- Manages contract administration to ensure all contract, permit, and legal requirements are met including schedule, document control, change order/claims management, daily reports/diaries, as-built documents, submittals, and weekly project meetings
- Manages project administration to ensure all operational requirements are met and in accordance with the company policy and procedure including cost management, quality control, recordkeeping, payroll, accounting and reporting functions, survey, job engineering, and purchasing
- Assists company estimating staff in bidding and winning work
- Market the company's expertise while continually seeking new contract opportunities
- Perform additional assignments as directed by the Senior Project Manager or Executive Management
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
REQUIRED SKILLS: Strong knowledge of computers and experience with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Strong written and verbal interpersonal communication skills; strong ability to lead and motivate others; good time management & organizational skills; ability to work independently or as part of a team; strong work ethic, positive attitude, dependable, ethical, and having high integrity; ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times; good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies; understanding of cost management processes, planning, and scheduling.
PREFERRED SKILLS: Experience in HCSS Heavy Job, Heavy Bid, PlanGrid, Bluebeam, Microsoft Project, Primavera Project Planner (P6), and Vista Viewpoint
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Individuals must have at least 5 years of supervisory experience with exposure to various construction disciplines and safety regulations and know how to apply them. Experience in leading multi-million dollar contracts, including ownership of operations, project administration, client relations and all other scopes of work relative to large construction projects. Individuals should have demonstrated expertise in the use of cost management systems, including the ability to review, evaluate, and prepare cost management reports and labor trend reports. A Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Structural or Civil Engineering, or equivalent is not necessarily required but is favorable; however, proven relevant work experience in the Concrete Structures industry will be primarily, and strongly, considered.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: Highmark offers an excellent benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salary
- Use of a company vehicle and gas card for business related travel
- Health and Dental Insurance for the employee and his/her eligible dependents
- 401k savings plan with company match on contributions up to 3 percent of annual base wages
- Paid Time Off program which allows individuals to accrue at least 15 days per year
- Paid Holidays (in addition to the Paid Time Off Program)
- Wellness reimbursement for qualifying expenses which promote overall health and well being
- Participation in the Company's Project Specific Incentive Program (PSIP)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Highmark Concrete Contractors is an equal opportunity employer. All individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex or age.
PHSYICAL DEMANDS: To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to perform in an active construction environment, regularly sit, stand, walk, talk and listen, and frequently lift and carry objects up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds. Individuals must be able to access all points of a construction site in a wide range of work environments.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER: The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with State and/or Federal Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.