JOB TITLE: Field Engineer Intern
REPORTS TO: Project Engineer
SUMMARY: The Field Engineer Intern assists and supports the Superintendent and Project Engineer on assigned project(s). The position works under direct supervision of the Project Engineer and performs routine daily activities and gathers and distributes information. The responsibility of the Field Engineer Intern includes being a representative for the company for construction operations and requires a string understanding of construction methods, procedures and administrative processes, excellent documentations skills and good interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all members of the project (both internal and external). The Field Engineer Intern must be flexible and adaptable team-player.
KEY INTERFACES: Project Manager, Project Engineer, Superintendent, Field Engineer
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicates and helps to enforce the company's Health & Safety Program
2. Demonstrates his/her own commitment to an injury-free workplace through own actions
3. Assist in the preparation of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA's)
4. Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training
5. Order and schedule material deliveries
6. Prepare work plans and work packages
7. Participate, record, and in some cases oversee quality assurance measures
8. Assist in scheduling equipment when necessary
9. Assist in interpretation of proposals/specifications and drawings for field crews and craft supervision
10. Perform quantity calculations by taking measurements and determining percentage of completed/installed materials & work
11. Assist in field surveying and/or layout support including elevation, control points, and compilation of as-built data
12. Assist in compiling, processing, and confirming daily labor timesheets
13. Maintain organized and detailed project records
14. Assist in coding and approving of project related invoices form subs and/or supppliers
15. Attend project meetings as directed by the Project Engineer's direction
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
ESSENTIAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
REQUIRED SKILLS: Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Publisher and Powerpoint; Strong written and verbal communication skills; good time management & organizational skills; ability to function effectively as part of a team; dependable; ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times; ability to understand and follow directions; good attention to detail, with the ability to recognize discrepancies; the ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Working towards a Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or equivelent is preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Highmark Concrete Contractors is an equal opportunity employer. all individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, or age.